Changing to a new supplier

On 2/11/18 I changed from Bulb to a new supplier. My account with Bulb was in credit on 9/10/18 by £99.90. on 8/11/18 you took a direct debit for £131.00. Why??? My statement on 8/11/18 shows I am now in credit by £230.90. !!! PAY THIS BACK IMMEDIATELY.

Also why is it not possible to easily contact you privately?
B FINNIE

On 2/11/18 I changed from Bulb to a new supplier. My account with Bulb was in credit on 9/10/18 by £99.90. on 8/11/18 you took a direct debit for £131.00. Why?????? My statement on 8/11/18 shows I am now in credit by £230.90. !!!!! PAY THIS BACK IMMEDIATELY.

Also why is it not possible to easily contact you privately?
B FINNIE

Capital lettering tend to be construed as shouting.

I’m just another customer but it seems a little obvious to me what has happened, but I’m happy to be proved wrong…

You switched to your new supplier on 2/11./2018 and you would have supplied a reading to them, your new supplier in turn will send these readings to Bulb via a third party independent company who will validate these readings. The validation will ensure that your new supplier will use these reading for opening your account and Bulb will use them to close your account. It takes a while for the new readings to reach Bulb and it can take a maximum of 6 weeks (through no fault of Bulb) for Bulb to provide a closing bill and refund any credit.

During this validation period Bulb wont be aware you are switching and therefore quite correctly they have taken your DD on 8/11/2018.

It is quite easy to contact the Bulb team privately.

1. Click Help button at the top of this page, and then when you are on the help page scroll down to the bottom pf the page.

or

2 Details can be found on your statement

@bernfinnie We are refunding the £131 to you, but we need to wait until your new supplier passes us the readings before we can refund the rest of it because we are waiting for readings from your new supplier. Hopefully we should receive this over the next week or so.