Cheeky question

My daughter inherited pre-payment card meters when she bought her house 5 years ago. Her supplier wants to charge silly money to change them over - what would Bulb charge to convert her meters if she changed to Bulb for her energy?

Hi, I have messaged youl

The cost is circa £120 per meter. Some suppliers do swap them for free.

Ignore the message from shamsuddin, he’s just trying to give you a referral code rather than actually help.

Hi, I have messaged youl

What was your advice to the OP?

The ‘big 6’ often will change for free. So it’s worth changing over to 1 of them to get this done.

Hooloovoo how do you know that I didnt give any advice. Dnt assume things!

It was advice that Bulb have told me previously for another person I know.

Hooloovoo how do you know that I didnt give any advice. Dnt assume things!

Because if you were giving advice you would post it on the forum for the benefit of everyone.

It was advice that Bulb have told me previously for another person I know.

And what advice did you provide?

Do you 2 work for Bulb? As you spend a lot of time on this forum?

No, and neither do I. Bulb staff are identified on their avatars.

Do you 2 work for Bulb? As you spend a lot of time on this forum?

If you mean me, the answer is no. So what advice did you give the OP, it would be interesting to see if this lines up with what is on the Help site?

Its sound advice given to me by Bulb and I passed it to him. It includes advice how to get a free meter upgrade when you upgrade to Bulb smart meters 2nd gen and requires a credit check. You cant do it online so need to ring them.

Is that enough information for you both?

Its sound advice given to me by Bulb and I passed it to him. It includes advice how to get a free meter upgrade when you upgrade to Bulb smart meters 2nd gen and requires a credit check. You cant do it online so need to ring them.

There you go, others in the same situation as the OP are now able to follow the advice you gave. =)

No. Pass it on to everyone via this forum, which is the intended purpose of the community. Why do it in secret?

Given that …

• your previous posts on here are almost entirely related to referral codes, and not actually helping people,
  • you've had your posts edited more than once to remove your referral code since it is against the community rules,
  • you felt the need to PM rather than post helpful advice that remains available for all to read, both now and in the future

… I think I’ll maintain my stance that all your did was PM your referral code. I didn’t assume anything. I made a valid estimate based on the available evidence.

Thanks for your observation, you just got too much time…

I did it once and apologied hence why edited the comment.

I did send him valuable information instead of him spending lots of money.

I informed him of all the information he required, and if wanted to benifits from using a referral code, it was his choice.

Your allowed to pm, just not post in on the forum.

End of topic.