Climate change!

Scotland’s Wind Industry Clear-Fells 17,283 Acres & Wipes Out 14,000,000 Trees To ‘Save’ Planet,and that doesn’t take account of the pollution caused in the production and construction of the components.

Green energy?

Based on a freedom of information request.

scudo

(Climate change!)

Scotland’s Wind Industry Clear-Fells 17,283 Acres & Wipes Out 14,000,000 Trees To ‘Save’ Planet,and that doesn’t take account of the pollution caused in the production and construction of the components
Do those figures include off-shore wind farms?
There is no mention of the n# of trees being replanted

Looking at the figures I simply do not believe them, bearing in mind most wind turbines in Scotland are in open land and not in woodland. I think someone is playing mischief.

Could be but the info is based on a freedom of information request.

To which organisation was the Freedom of Informations request made?

Dont know but was made by the Conservative government, if you wish to dispute the figures then the information is available online.

Ok I copied and pasted your text into Google and there are indeed quite a few mentions of these figures. However the crucial context I found was that none are from a robust, authoritative or Government source, they are all from either political statements, anti-wind pressure groups, blogs, conspiracy theories or even from the pro gas lobby, who each for their own reasons have an interest in discrediting wind farm development.