Closing account at old flat/moving to new flat already with bulb

Just wanted to ask the question I’m moving out of my current flat on 15/1 my DD normally goes out the 13th obviously I will keep that on for January. But my new flat which is next door thankfully is already with bulb. Should I close my current online and just set up a new one for the flat when I move in on the 15/1.

Thanks Steve

Hi @residentsteve :wave: Welcome to Community,

Yes, that’s exactly it. You can close your account down through the ‘move out’ option on your online account. This lets you give the date and final readings.

You will then be given the option to sign your new property up to Bulb, as it is already supplied by us you will be moved to our ‘moving in’ page where you just need to refill your account details and the new account will be up and running.

Let me know if you need any more help with this,

–KT :bulb:

Thanks, was just about to update this post I found the set up new account page should I leave my DD up and running this month 13/1 for my old flat I move out on the 15th.

Hi @residentsteve

Yes, please keep your direct debit set up. We will issue a final bill within 2 weeks of your move out date and any further amount/refunds will then be processed using the DD on file.

– Robyn :bulb: