Closing read very high

Hi bulb community. I have recently moved to a smart meter and got my first bill today. The final meter reading taken before the switch happened , was taken by the chap installing the new meter I assume. I can see on the statement that the final meter reading is very high compared to the estimation (and also high compared to my usual usage). As a result I have a big bill to pay and in debit… did anyone else experience this? And can anyone recommend any advice? Is there anyway of getting proof of the final reading before the switch and before the meter was removed? Thanks bulb community

Is there anyway of getting proof of the final reading before the switch and before the meter was removed? Thanks bulb community

Going to be tricky if you didn’t verify the final readings yourself at the point the meters were removed. When my meters were changed I took photos of both meters right before the technician removed them - not that it helps you very much now.

I think the best you can hope for is some goodwill from Bulb when explaining that the final reading was way higher than your typical usage, and is therefore likely (but not guaranteed) to be wrong.

Thanks. I will give them a bell in the morning. You never know… Am sure it is not a scam!