Cold call, smart meters

Just had a slightly pushy cold call over a smart meter, disguised as a courtesy call. For various reasons I don’t require one.

I hope this isn’t the shape of things to come. This is not what I thought bulb were about.

I will also be checking my over payment / credit carefully.

Hi @Noodlebug :wave:

I’m sorry about the nature of the call and that you felt pushed to get a smart meter. I’ve made a note of this on your account, and requested that no further communication about smart meters be made.

If you’d like us to raise a complaint about this or have any questions, please just let us know.

Take care,

Niamh :bulb:

@Noodlebug did the caller say they were from bulb? I know of quite a few people who had a call from someone about having smart meters fitted and ended up with a different supplier.
Your supplier wouldn’t normally cold call like that.

Hi @Smart_fitter :wave:

We do call members that are eligible for smart meters to see if they’re are interested in having them installed, but we would always explain that we’re calling from Bulb.

– Meg :bulb:

I know one firm I worked for had several customers who ‘signed up’ without knowing they had changed supplier. I have no idea if the phone or door to door callers were from that particular supplier but the customers told me they were happy with the previous supplier and didn’t want to change. They just thought they were getting smart meters from their previous supplier.
This was a few years ago now and I don’t know if they still operate in that way