Comms hub reboot

How will we know when a requested (by somebody at bulb) comms hub reboot has been done?

If you’re lucky (!), when meter readings start showing up in your Bulb account, and your IHD starts working.

If the reboot doesn’t resolve your issues though, there’s no easy way to know, other than to chase Bulb after whatever timeframe they’ve indicated (usually, that’s around 4-6 weeks).

Cheers.
The comms hub reboot was requested because my IHD doesn’t connect to the meter - hasn’t since the meters were fitted in April 2019.
A comms hub reboot was done back in February (or around spring time) and that got the meter readings to go through properly (after my Meter number was updated, after it not being done correctly when the smart meters were fitted - I had to point that out), and have continued to go through ever since, but the IHD never connected.
I think there’s something else wrong, but a comms hub reboot was requested.

So from my side, I guess I’ll never know when the reboot has been done because Meter readings are already showing up on my account, both HAN and WAN lights are flashing at 5 second intervals on the comms hub (which is apparently “okay” status), and my IHD has never worked despite previous comms hub reboot.

Hi @ryan4257, I popped you an email about this yesterday, so would you be able to take a look at that for me? :mailbox:

I did reply last night. No change here.

I’m still none the wiser.
How do I find out if the comms hub reboot has happened yet?

@ryan4257, I’ve just responded to your email again!

@Lou_at_Bulb yes, I saw, and have replied again. It doesn’t really answer it though.
When you say “we’re still waiting for this reboot to go through”, do you see it sat in a queue or something? Or are you basing that on the fact that my IHD still doesn’t work?
Will you actually know when the reboot has been done? Because that’s not clear looking at other posts about it - the acknowledgement that it’s been done always seems to be a passage of time with no change, or something starts working.

Hello, thought I’d posted this elsewhere, but I can’t find it and I’m not sure how this forum works. Anyway, I’ve had no data on my IHD for a week. It just keeps resetting, resetting, resetting…I’ve tried the online process for resetting twice but nothing has happened. Can’t get to talk to anyone on phone or webchat. Very frustrating - I have a smart meter but I have no idea how much energy we’re using!! What’s the point?

Hi @grahamdemax :wave:

This is a known problem and requires a comms hub reboot. The comms hub is the box that sits on top of the electricity meter.

I have now requested this for you and it will take about 6 weeks to happen. In the meantime you should leave the IHD and it will go off when the battery drains.

Best,
Mel