Complaints

I currently have 2 open complaints regarding my smart meters. They have been installed now since May and haven’t functioned correctly since installation. I have been told several times now that this has been passed to the “smart team” (oxymoron?) but then I never hear anything again. When I connect to the chat function to chase the complaint (which normally takes at least 20 minutes to get a response too by the way) I am told that they either cannot give me a fix time or the fix time is “weeks” . When I chase the complaint I get the usual platitudes regarding how sorry Bulb is and they will look into this. I then never hear from them again until I contact them.

The customer service from Bulb is awful, the smart meters do not work and they are now sending me wildly inaccurate bills with estimated readings the most recent 2 varied from £800 in debit to £4 in credit! When I agreed to the smart meter installation they didn’t tell me there were known issues and they had actually stopped rolling them out in some areas or offered the customer the choice on whether to go ahead due to the connection issues. I found this out after looking on the Bulb website (I should have looked before obviously!)

Bulb are clueless, they trumpet on about how they offer great customer service but so far all I have been is ignored. As soon as the 8 week period is up I am logging a compliant with the energy ombudsman.

If anyone out there reads this before signing up with Bulb please think long and hard, they are incompetent.

When you agreed to have a smart installed had you previously been subscribed to this forum?

No.

No.

That’s a shame as you would have been better informed as to whether or not to have smart meters installed.

I have the same problem. They haven’t been able to get a reading for gas since April. Whenever I ask for progress it will be “two to 4 weeks”, then when that expires I get the same answer. Also my electricity usage has suspiciously increased since having the smart meter, despite actively trying to reduce it. The IHD sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t, with no apparent pattern. I wish I hadn’t bothered.

I have just written telling them that I will be contacting the Energy Ombudsman if it is not resolved soon.

I have the same problem. They haven't been able to get a reading for gas since April. Whenever I ask for progress it will be "two to 4 weeks", then when that expires I get the same answer. Also my electricity usage has suspiciously increased since having the smart meter, despite actively trying to reduce it. The IHD sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, with no apparent pattern. I wish I hadn't bothered.

I have just written telling them that I will be contacting the Energy Ombudsman if it is not resolved soon.

I wrote to them as well, similar, I will be on to the energy Ombudsman.

Meters installed 7 weeks ago, IHD never worked,formal complaint logged on 29th May,usual fob off emails,from Bulb so called support,ie,give it 48 hours and it should work,roll about laughing! Then It could be my house that’s the problem or even a large non existent metallic object that’s causing the problem!
Just waiting patiently before I can contact Ofgen/Ombudsman because I’ve had enough of this fiasco!

Just waiting patiently before I can contact Ofgen/Ombudsman because I’ve had enough of this fiasco!

What does this mean. it just seems to be a contradiction?

I also have just logged a formal complaint to Bulb informing them that I will be escalating the issue to Ofgem if my billing/statement problem is not resolved. I don’t have the time, energy or patience to be constantly fobbed off and ignored.

logged a complaint 29th May regarding my not so smart meters,been in constant contact with the help/smart people via email and phone.
Received an email today from support saying if I didn’t contact them within 3 days they would assume that I was happy and close the complaint!!!

April 8th meters installed, never worked. Now no July billing at all

Complaints are just ignored, there is no customer service with this shower. Just another useless clueless utility company

Waiting for the 8 weeks to tick down before engaging with the Ombudsman