Concern over variable tariff

Hi, Bulb has been recommended us as we are currently with Edf and get a bit fed up with dubious direct debit increases. I’m pretty much sold on moving but only concern is being on a variable tariff and I read that there were a few quite big rises last year. Can anyone advise how much of an impact it makes on the monthly cost?
Also was switching as easy as it says? We have exit fees for leaving Edf before April but don’t know what they are. Is there a cap on how much Bulb will pay?

HI @NessyS,

However, despite the pricing variations, I’ve found Bulb to be cheaper than most suppliers at any point (there are one or two cheaper, but I tend not to find them even existing a few months later or have massively increased their prices).

I hope this helps, but if you’ve got any other questions, feel free to ask!

Thank you, you’ve been really helpful :slight_smile:

but only concern is being on a variable tariff and I read that there were a few quite big rises last year

As did most utility companies.
Other point to make in addition to RichyB is that you pay dd in advance so for the first month it will appear you are paying twice, one to EDF and one to Bulb. You will not pay for any energy twice and it will balance out when Edf give your final bill and credit back any due credit.