connecting gas and electricity

hi I’m moving into a flat the 1st of feb or just before. How do I connect to ur electricity and gas? I’m currently paying all inclusive in the rent to my current landlord. Thank you

Hi @Bridget88, when you move into the flat, you will need to pay the current energy supplier for the electricity you use.

If you request a switch to Bulb, there will be a delay of 21 days (industry standard) until Bulb are actually your supplier.

So for that first 21 days you pay the old supplier, then you provide switchover meter readings, then you pay Bulb as your new supplier.

The old supplier will then probably take a few weeks to close up the account and issue you the final bill for that initial few weeks of supply.

Hi @Bridget88 -

If you are managing your energy bills at your new property you can switch over to Bulb just by signing up on our website in just 2 minutes :smile: This will then take 21 days to complete the switchover from the current supplier at the property

If you’re landlord is currently managing the energy bills then you’ll need to check with them that you able to switch over, particularly if this is already included with your rent.

If you're landlord is currently managing the energy bills then you'll need to check with them that you able to switch over, particularly if this is already included with your rent.
Just to be clear on this, if bills are included in your rent, there's little you can do (and not much point either unless you wish to ensure you're using renewable power) but if you pay your bills seperately, you have a legal right to be able to switch to whichever supplier you choose.

Your tenancy agreement may require you to inform the landlord/agent before you do so but I don’t believe there’s anything they can do to stop you.