Constant hassle to have smart meters installed

Anyone else having constant emails and letters from Bulb about getting smart meters installed? I’m sick to death of telling them I will NEVER have a smart meter installed in any of my properties, but they don’t listen. I’m at the point where I’m considering taking legal action against them for harassment.

1 Like

This is a customer forum, contacting Bulb direct would be a better idea.

Hi @Steve81,

We’re sorry that you’ve received so many emails regarding smart meters. I can see that you’ve spoken to Brandon who’s taken you off the mailing list. If you don’t want one installed, that’s absolutely fine, you just need to let us know.

If anyone else would like to stop receiving emails regarding smart meters - just drop us an email to help@bulb.co.uk.

I have recently started receiving constant emails from Bulb telling me about how wonderful these infernal devices are and pestering me to have one fitted.

I got so sick of this I replied to one on 4/12/19 telling them yet again that I am not interested and will never permit one to be installed in my lifetime. I received a reply from Martin at Bulb Help saying "That’s no problem at all, you don’t have to have a smart meter if you don’t want to.

We have added a note to your account saying that you don’t want smart meters. Thanks for letting us know."

Since receiving that email reply on 4/12 I have received 2 further pestering emails about smart meters on 8/12 and 16/12. So much for ‘noting’ my account!

Yes but that does not appear to stop the emails-not in my case.