Continuing Spam Posts

These are very annoying and clog up the Forum overly, so genuine posts slip down the pages, liable to not get noticed speedily by Bulb staff. This Forum should be open to signed-up customers only!

@stephen9620, this has been discussed a couple of times and although initially I had similar feelings, the number of posts there have been from people looking to become a member are not insignificant and I don’t think this should be discouraged.

There are many other ways to stop spam though. Perhaps recaptcha on account creation and every forum post outside of standard Bulb hours would work.

@stephen9620 We want the community to be open to anyone, so if anyone has any questions about signing up the community is still a place for people to come to for help.

We will keep a look out for spam and work out how we can deal with the problem if it continues to be a problem.

Maybe a solution is required sooner rather than later.

It seems the spammers have caught on to the fact that account creation is easy and posts are not removed in the evening.

A good few dozen spam posts have appeared today.

@stephen9620 We will keep a look out for spam and work out how we can deal with the problem if it continues to be a problem.

@“DanP at Bulb” There’s no “if” about it - it’s getting worse by the day. Urgent action required!

Please.

I do hope a solution is not being put on the dreaded roadmap like the Android app :o
How about the tech team working over this coming weekend to create a method to stop the spammers by the Christmas holidays?
:slight_smile:

I do hope a solution is not being put on the dreaded roadmap like the Android app
Now now, I'm sure there's plenty of progress being made on the Android App. I like the roadmap, but we still have to be realistic. With the massive influx in members, some things (WHD, prepay meters, referral bugs, payment bugs etc.) will have been bumped up the priorities list. Developing an Android app is not a small undertaking. In many ways it's far more complicated than developing an app for IOS.
I do hope a solution is not being put on the dreaded roadmap like the Android app

We’re still aiming for a beta version of the Android app this side of the New Year. Have faith :slight_smile:

On the Community spam problem, we’ve set up Akismet, a powerful antispam tool, on the Community today. We’ll see how well it works. Fingers crossed.

We're still aiming for a beta version of the Android app this side of the New Year.

On the Community spam problem, we’ve set up Akismet, a powerful antispam tool, on the Community today.

:+1:

Good news, it’s working well. Last night’s spammers were successfully blocked.

Good news, it's working well. Last night's spammers were successfully blocked.
Great news!

On a related note, spammers nuxomu and yegucosavo still have visible posts (in recent discussions at least).

Good news, it's working well. Last night's spammers were successfully blocked.
Great news!

On a related note, spammers nuxomu and yegucosavo still have visible posts (in recent discussions at least).

Whoops. Sorted now.

Good work guys. B)