Cover date

I just joined bulb today and it said that I would only started being provided by them on the 2nd of June
Why such a long wait?

I just joined bulb today and it said that I would only started being provided by them on the 2nd of June Why such a long wait?

Energy switches have to be verified by third parties. It’s this bit that takes time.

@Amy1983, because legally they have to give you a 21 day switch period. This also gives time for your previous supplier to object to the switch (if for example your in a significant debit to them and they don’t think you’ll pay), and for the setup of your new account to take place.

I just joined bulb today and it said that I would only started being provided by them on the 2nd of June Why such a long wait?

My take on the reason for 21 days. Built in to the 21 days is a mandatory 14 days cooling off period after which the meter readings which you supply to Bulb have to be validated by an independent third party before forwarding onto your previous supplier to enable them to produce your final bill. In an ideal world the opening meter readings used by Bulb will be the same as used by your previous supplier to close your account with them.

Please check out: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360016445831-What-happens-when-I-switch-to-Bulb-

and