Day rate and night rate wrong? (Closed)

I joined Bulb 2 months ago first month I uploaded reading on day one and got estimated bill of £49.

This month I decided to upload readings more often because I believe bill should be lower than this.

Before joining Bulb I was with Eon who I paid fixed rate for day/night approx. 13.5. Total every month was around £50-55 not eco7.

This month Bulb statement email showed bill of £75 and usage of approx. 400kw for day and 90kw during the night on eco7.

I suspect there is a mistake. Reason we left Eon was due to high electricity usage at night. Storage heating and old boiler working only off peak to heat up tank.

Last month we used a lot of heating at night time. Literally minimum usage at day. Breakfast, dinner and sleep.

Our day usage based on smart meter reading is approx 10kw a day. And night meter within 3 days moved from 1319.x to 1332.x

This can’t be right and reading must be twisted somehow. We are on 15/7 rate. And statement showed we were only charged approx £6 for whole month of Night usage and £65 for day. Again with heating set to work at night time 20/30 nights last month.

Is day reading a night and night a day?

Super confused.

@Papami

Hi This is a public forum for Bulb and normally on the weekends only us fellow customers are on it. It would be best if you contacted the Bulb team direct, you can find their details by clicking the Help button at the top of this page.

@Papami

Hi This is a public forum for Bulb and normally on the weekends only us fellow customers are on it. It would be best if you contacted the Bulb team direct, you can find their details by clicking the Help button at the top of this page.

It’s worth trying. Thank you.

Reason we left Eon was due to high electricity usage at night.

I’m confused. How does your supplier impact your electricity usage? If you have high usage at night, switching to Bulb, or anyone, wont change that. Only you can change that.

This can't be right and reading must be twisted somehow. We are on 15/7 rate. And statement showed we were only charged approx £6 for whole month of Night usage and £65 for day. Again with heating set to work at night time 20/30 nights last month.

There’s not really any such definition as “day reading” and “night reading”. In terms of the meter they will be labelled something like R1 and R2. You’re right, there can be confusion about which way around these are used, and not every meter is the same.

Can I suggest that in the first instance, you pick a time of day when you know the rate isn’t going to change, say mid-afternoon, and take a reading from both meter counters. Then go back an hour later and see which one has changed. Then you will know for sure which one is incrementing during the day and which one at night. You’ll then be able to confirm whether the opening readings to gave to Bulb were the wrong way around.

Once you are in possession of all the facts you’ll be able to go to Bulb (contact them directly using the information here) and confidently explain exactly what’s happened and what needs to be done.

Cased closed. I was monitoring the meter today and noticed what supposed to be night rate numbers were scaling up. Day rate numbers were unchanged whole day.

Need to inform Bulb thier readings are wrong.

Reason we left Eon was due to high electricity usage at night.

I’m confused. How does your supplier impact your electricity usage? If you have high usage at night, switching to Bulb, or anyone, wont change that. Only you can change that.

This can't be right and reading must be twisted somehow. We are on 15/7 rate. And statement showed we were only charged approx £6 for whole month of Night usage and £65 for day. Again with heating set to work at night time 20/30 nights last month.

There’s not really any such definition as “day reading” and “night reading”. In terms of the meter they will be labelled something like R1 and R2. You’re right, there can be confusion about which way around these are used, and not every meter is the same.

Can I suggest that in the first instance, you pick a time of day when you know the rate isn’t going to change, say mid-afternoon, and take a reading from both meter counters. Then go back an hour later and see which one has changed. Then you will know for sure which one is incrementing during the day and which one at night. You’ll then be able to confirm whether the opening readings to gave to Bulb were the wrong way around.

Once you are in possession of all the facts you’ll be able to go to Bulb (contact them directly using the information here) and confidently explain exactly what’s happened and what needs to be done.

Thank your for your comment.

Case closed.

Cased closed. I was monitoring the meter today and noticed what supposed to be night rate numbers were scaling up. Day rate numbers were unchanged whole day.

Glad to hear you’ve sorted it out.

Not to be pedantic, but it’s not Bulb’s readings that are wrong. It’s yours. You read and supplied them.

I’m sure Bulb will be able to swap around all the readings you’ve supplied the wrong way around so far.

Glad to hear you’ve sorted it out.

Not to be pedantic, but it’s not Bulb’s readings that are wrong. It’s yours. You read and supplied them.

I’m sure Bulb will be able to swap around all the readings you’ve supplied the wrong way around so far.

Well yes. Never said it’s Bulb fault. Just knew something isn’t right.

Thank you.