Dear sir/Madam, As you can see from my account that i am credit.

And as its the summer months i can’t see me using anymore electric or gas then i have i the winter months so until then i don’t agree with an increase on my direct debt.

Still very happy with Bulb and have recommended to 2 members of my family who have both switched over immediately.

Bulb will try and average your usage over a year so your DD stays the same, for me I’m hoping it will stay at £45 PM, and with this you’ll build credit in the summer months to then use up in the winter months so your outgoings will remain constant.

Submitting meter readings 3-5 days before your DD will make sure you’re not running off estimates.

Submitting meter readings 3-5 days before your DD will make sure you're not running off estimates.
Bulb recommend 2-3 days. I receive an email reminder on 14th, submit readings on 15th, and the DD is on 17th.
Submitting meter readings 3-5 days before your DD will make sure you're not running off estimates.
Bulb recommend 2-3 days. I receive an email reminder on 14th, submit readings on 15th, and the DD is on 17th.

True, however I’ve had issues with weekends.
If for instance the 15th (my DD date) falls on the Monday, I have to submit my reading on the Thursday as the statement generation occurs on working days not calendar days

@FromTheValleys Thanks for info. I’m due a Monday DD in September.

@FromTheValleys Thanks for info. I'm due a Monday DD in September.

And for that reason (which now seems logical) I suggested 3-5 days. That way it covers off weekends

@FromTheValleys I do see your reasoning, but on reflection, I would think that maybe the whole process is automated, so weekend staffing would not usually make any difference.
@“Ben at Bulb” Could anyone at Bulb throw some light on this?

Hi @198kHz the only reason weekends would make a difference is if our automated system doesn’t like your reading, and we have to double check it before putting it in manually. This is pretty rare, but very occasionally it does happen, so if there is a weekend in the way you might want to submit it slightly earlier-but as I say 99% of the time it’s all automated and weekends won’t cause any issues

@“David at Bulb” Many thanks for clarification. :+1:

@198kHz happy to help :slight_smile: