Death / bereavement / frozen bank account / unable to pay gas and electricity bill

Hello fellow Bulb account customers. My first time here - I’ve been trying to find an email address for Bulb … can’t find one. I’ll call the 0800 number after posting this - wondering if anyone else has had the problem where suddenly the bills can’t be paid on a house due to the homeowner dying.

My dad died in April. All the bills for his home have been paid out of his pension until now; the pension obviously has stopped being paid. I’ve been his sole carer for the last 4 years, I have no income, no savings. and now no Carer’s allowance and have signed up for Universal Credit which will take at least 5 weeks to come through and that won’t help this situation anyway: The gas and electric bill on his house are huge - £580 a month before the price rise. I’ve not seen any communications from Bulb about increases but it HAS to be horrific. Any non-essential equipment has been turned off but whatever, I have no way of paying anything until the estate is sorted out which is likely to be months. I’ve applied to Bulb for the hardship section online…

Has anyone of you been in a similar situation? Would appreciate some feedback on an impossible situation> thanks in advance…

Condolences on your loss.

If you go to the Bulb Help Centre, and put “death” in the search box, it brings back a link to the information you need.

Note that Bulb staff generally only work M-F 9-5 (excluding bank holidays like today).