Delaying final bill

Left bulb a month ago. They’ve had my readings for a month as I’m on a smart meter, my new supplier has the same.

They’re just intentionally delaying. They owe me about £100. Very poor, and not in line with this stated intention. https://bulb.co.uk/blog/the-energy-switch-guarantee-mar-2019

I wonder why Bulb haven’t produced a more up to date quarterly set of figures for meeting final bills and refund of credit?

The intention is to settle final bill/refund within six weeks as specified by OFGEM

Bulb cannot settle final bill until they get readings from new supplier and these have been verified by third party, smart meters or no have nothing to do with it,
in a perfect world not everybody lives there, boring place if we did

1 Like

“We continue to issue a high percentage of final bills within 6 weeks of the switch date. On average, it takes us 21 days to send the final bill. That’s 50% faster than the standard 6 weeks. While this is great news, we think we can do better. We’re working on reducing the time it takes for Bulb members to receive their final bill even more.”

No doubt those dealt with sooner are the ones that have an outstanding balance.

1 Like

this maybe so but this applies to most companies, it is not bulb specific

1 Like

agreed, doesnt stop me highlighting their behaviour, as I would if it were another company. :+1:

you and I both know the state of their accounts system

this is an issue that has been ongoing for years affecting 100,000’s? of people.
Why highlight it when it happens to you personaly?
You are making a molehill out of a mountain over something that we are all to well aware of
We continue to issue a high percentage of final bills within 6 weeks of the switch date. On average, it takes us 21 days to send the final bill. That’s 50% faster than the standard 6 weeks. This is an aim it is not a guarantee!

1 Like

I’ll highlight and comment on what I want thanks.

Dont like it? Not much I can do about that :grinning:

You are free to post and comment on whatever subject you wish, that’s what forums are for… But you must remember I am just as free to answer them as I choose.
Anyway what about the important things in life? Such as, I am having a nervous breakdown because my IHD isn’t working

Hi @halifax71,

Bulb would never intentionally delay a final bill.

I can see that we still haven’t received the final electricity meter reading from your new supplier. As soon as we have this reading, we’ll issue your final bill.

If it’s been over 6 weeks since your switch date and you still haven’t received your final bill, please get in touch with our support team so we can chase that with your previous supplier.

I’ve had it confirmed verbally by one of your colleagues 4 weeks ago that all readings were received.

EDF have been up and running since 22nd Jan.

Hi @halifax71,

I apologise for the confusion here, but we definitely haven’t received your final elec reading yet. This is surprising however, as we received the gas reading almost straight away on the 25th Jan.

I’ve just dropped EDF an email to investigate further - I’ll keep you updated as soon as I receive a response.