Direct Debit amount changed but old amount still taken from my bank

I changed my Direct Debit payment from £52.21 to £36, which was supposed to have been taken on 6 August 2019. However on 6 aug, £52.21 was taken from my bank account. Can you tell me why the lower amount was not taken? I have logged in and changed the old Direct Debit amount, still standing at the original £52.21, to £40 just now. Can you tell me if this will actually take place on 6 Sep?

I changed my Direct Debit payment from £52.21 to £36, which was supposed to have been taken on 6 August 2019. However on 6 aug, £52.21 was taken from my bank account. Can you tell me why the lower amount was not taken? I have logged in and changed the old Direct Debit amount, still standing at the original £52.21, to £40 just now. Can you tell me if this will actually take place on 6 Sep?

You are asking this question to a Community forum for fellow customers, rather than the Bulb Help desk which to some extent is why we can’t answer your query.

Bulb’s help desk can be found via this link: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-contact-Bulb-

To help in a more general way, when did you change your direct debit from £52.21 to £36?