Direct debit not been taken for 1st payment

Hi my 1st direct debit was due on my switch over date and has yet to be taken out of bank. Any ideas why this has not been paid yet?? I know bank holidays get in the way but its been a while already. Switched over on 14th of May.

Best contact Bulb direct as only they have access to your accounts, this is mainly a customer forum

Yes going to do that on Mon morning, just thought I would see if anyone has any ideas why thats happened. Thank u :wink:

Yes going to do that on Mon morning, just thought I would see if anyone has any ideas why thats happened. Thank u ;-)

Best wait until Tuesday as it’s another bank holiday on Monday :slight_smile:

Yes going to do that on Mon morning, just thought I would see if anyone has any ideas why thats happened. Thank u ;-)

Out of interest does it show as pending in your Payments & statements section of your account dashboard?

no it says its been taken but nothing taken or pending in my bank. Will need to phone as soon as they’re open again, my gas prepayment card not working either. Thanks for all replies :wink:

no it says its been taken but nothing taken or pending in my bank. Will need to phone as soon as they're open again, my gas prepayment card not working either. Thanks for all replies ;-)

That’s an odd situation where Bulb has received money from a bank but where the bank account doesn’t show this.