Direct debit payment not showing on app

Hi, Ive just joined Bulb a month ago.
My first direct debit was taken from my bank yesterday but doesnt show on my payments in the app.
Is this normal or does it take a while to appear?

Hi @gh1764 :wave:

I have just had a look into your account and I can see your direct debit payment is still in pending on our side. It usually takes between 1-3 working days from the day the payment is taken from your account for it to enter your Bulb account.

I have had a look for you and the payment should be entering your Bulb account by the end of tomorrow. Once this payment has entered your account it will be visible in the payments and statements section of your app.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused here. I hope this helped answer your question and if you have any others please drop them below :point_down:

– Luke :bulb:

Thanks Luke , just seemed a bit odd :slightly_smiling_face:

It is a bit, the DD payment leaves the bank but shows into Bulb account 2-3 days later… Dont know if they stop somewhere on their way to Bulb or it's just a tactic to have less credit in Bulbs accounts for a few days :cold_face:

Hi @Doinita

This timeline does vary depending on your bank. Sometime the bank will move the payment into pending status, however sometimes they take it completely from your account. We then need to process it once it hits us which is why it will show a pending status in your account.

– Robyn :bulb: