Direct debit taken early, being charged admin fee for missed payment

My direct debit was made due to be taken on 1st June and I received an email yesterday saying the payment was missed. When ive investigated it via the app, Bulb have tried to take the payment on 28th may, before my wages had gone in. Therefore there were not enough funds to cover it , i was paid on 31st so would have been fine for the payment when it should have been taken. Bulb have kindly said they will charge me £15 !! Unless i contact them within 48 hours- this is impossible as the phone lines dont open again until monday morning and the online chat is not working either. Utterly ridiculous!!!

1 Like

Sad to hear of the disgraceful behaviour of Bulb. They read and submitted my monthly usage bill four days early and before my monthly DD which put my account in debit. They then suggested I increase my monthly DD by 110% as the present amount did not prevent my account going into Debit. UTTER MADNESS.

1 Like

Hi @ejj150374 :wave: thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community :partying_face:

We had some issues taking payments for members who’s payment date is 1st of each month. I just want to reassure you that you will not be charged a late payment fee for this and we have requested the payment again. I am really sorry that this occurred and you were unable to get through to us.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this :point_down:

Best,

Jenny :star: