Direct Debit

I paid my direct debit on the 1st of the month it is now the 4th and it is not showing in my account, It has definately gone out from my bank ???

Hi @bevanboy - I can see that the payment is processing still - we’ve requested it and we know it’s inbound, it just hasn’t arrived in our bank yet so it’s still down as pending. Once it arrives your Bulb account will show it (probably in the next day or two).

I paid my direct debit on the 1st of the month it is now the 4th and it is not showing in my account, It has definately gone out from my bank ?????

Although your direct debit may be set for the 1 st of the month, there are no direct debit transaction by banks on a Saturday or Sunday (which happened to be on 1 and 2 Sep respectively) so no money would have left your account until the next working day, which would be yesterday 3 September. Unless you know differently ???

The process isn’t instant, and therefore there is a delay of a day or so before it gets credited to your account. You should however see it as pending on your “Payments and Statements” page. I’m in exactly the same boat, dd on 1 month, currently showing as pending in “Payments and Statements” page although it actually got debited ifrom my bank account on 3 Sep.

Thanks @Allanr, @bevanboy that appears to be exactly the issue-there was a weekend in the way. But I believe it’s showing up in your account now, so all good to go