Discount

Hi I’m a Totum member and just got and email to say I’m entitled to £50 credit with new account can I get this as I am in the middle of setting account up with urself

Hi I’m a Totum member and just got and email to say I’m entitled to £50 credit with new account can I get this as I am in the middle of setting account up with urself

Was this an unsolicited email which you received regarding the £50 credit?

@Archie18 I think you will, according do this link: https://www.nus.org.uk/en/nus-extra/discounts/bulb-totum-discount-/

I am really concerned as I switched weeks ago specifically for the £50 Totum credit which is not showing on my account, have emailed Bulb twice and no response, and there seems to be no way of accessing the live chat facility - it just gives me an option of searching frequently asked questions but not inputting my own question. Help! Has anyone else successfully redeemed this offer/had an answer from Bulb?

Heya @melmo

If you’ve signed up through the Totum link, the £50 will be added to your account within 90 days of your switch. As you switched around 4 weeks ago, you won’t have received the credit yet.

I’m afraid we won’t be able to add the credit if you’ve already signed up @Archie18. Sorry about that. But once you’re a member, you’ll have your own referral link and you’ll be able to refer as many people as you like and get £50 every time.