Do Bulb Smart Meter actually work?

How many of you are getting the below? Had a smart meter installed months ago and it doesn’t read the gas meter. All appears to be a waste to time and money.

We’re updating your smart meters in our systems
You should be able to sign up in the next 10 days. Sorry for the wait.
If your smart meters were installed more than 2 weeks ago, email us. We’ll double check everything’s working as planned.

My one has failed again for the third or fourth time this year.

My email from yesterday…

" We’re unable to talk to your meters right now due to a connection issue with the Communications Hub (comms hub) which sits on top of your electricity meter. This hub is the part of your meter setup that sends readings to Bulb and to your in-home display. Your in-home display may be repeatedly restarting because of this.

We’ve requested for your comms hub to be remotely rebooted, which usually helps re-establish the connection.

If you live in or South of Manchester, the reboot will be complete in 2-3 weeks. If you’re North of Manchester, it will be six weeks.

Your smart meters and IHD should go back to normal after the reboot completes. If you don’t see any improvement after this time, please reply to this email and I’ll check up on the reboot request for you.

In the meantime, please send us manual readings to make sure your statements are accurate. If you’re not sure how to read your smart meter, please follow our guide.

Thanks for your patience"

We are all paying for the roll out and annual costs of smart meters and this is the level of service we get.

It is the same with every provider and not just Bulb but they need a service level agreement put in place with stiff penalties to get those clowns at SmartDCC to provide a product that works.

It has already cost £13Bn and it will never make that in savings.