Do I need to apply for the Warm Home Discount with Bulb?

With my old supplier i recieved warm front payment help. Will i automaticaly get it with bulb or do i need to apply for it.

With my old supplier i recieved warm front payment help. Will i automaticaly get it with bulb or do i need to apply for it.

Please see: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001245512-Can-I-get-the-Warm-Home-Discount-

Hi, Sheeza,
I was in a situation like yours. Moved to bulb mid September wondering how l would get the W.H.D. having received it automatically from my previous supplier. I received a letter this week from the gov. w.h.d. Telling me that l would get the £140 automatically between Oct. 2018 & Jan 2019. It also states this: It will be with the electricity supplier that you were with on 8 July 2018 that will apply the discount to you, even if you have since moved to a new supplier.
I phoned my old supplier who would have received this payment from the government, there reply was they would send it by direct debit or cheque.
Hope this helps.

@Shezza Don’t delay registering an interest if the ‘Broader group’ route is the one you need to take, as applications open in 3 days.

From the link https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001245512-Can-I-get-the-Warm-Home-Discount-

We’ll be opening applications on the 31st October. You can register your interest by filling out (the form in the link). When we open the scheme, applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis.”

Hello Bulb,
Can you please tell us “how many application will be accepted on first come first basis?”.
Thank you.

@volvo We have 12000 spaces.

Thats interesting about having to still apply for the WHD from your previous supplier if recently switched to Bulb as, before I switched in September, I specifically asked Bulb (and still have a copy of the conversation) about the WHD & if Id still qualify with them, if there was a cut off date for when I had to join them by etc as was told no there wasnt…

Guess I will be spending part of today trying to contact both Bulb & SSE trying to sort this and hoping that I dont miss out as with Bulbs price increase & no WHD it would have been cheaper for me to stick with SSE :anguished: