Do you do review at the monthly direct debit ?

It seems my account is in credit and wonder if you will reduce monthly direct debit on some point ?
Thank you

Winter tends to be the more expensive months so you want to take that in to account.
You can if you feel it is necessary contact Bulb and discuss.
Bulb will review D/D payments when you have a few months history
The D/D payments are normally based on your previous history and averaged out so that during the Summer months you build credit which is then used to subsidize the more expensive Winter months.
If you have excessive credit then some monies can be transferred back to your bank.

You can reduce your DD amount yourself in MyBulb > Change my payment details.

It seems my account is in credit and wonder if you will reduce monthly direct debit on some point ? Thank you

Hi @Milena22 - it’s worth remembering that we take payments in advance. Every month you make a payment to Bulb, which enters your account as credit. At the end of every month, we send you a statement showing how much energy you’ve used, and how much it cost, for the month just gone. As we’re in winter, your consumption is actually a little higher than the monthly payment amount we take from your bank account (you can see this in the energy usage part of your online account). I would suggest leaving your payments as they are for now. If you see you’re continuing to build up credit, you can ask for a refund by emailing hello@bulb.co.uk.

You can read more on how payments and statements work here