Do you not think it is unreasonable to put my direct debit up by £24 a month

Has I have been with you 3 months. And in that time I am 62pence in debit.Do you not think it is Unreasonable.To put my direct debit up by £24 a Month.Because I Do.

Has I have been with you 3 months. And in that time I am 62pence in debit.Do you not think it is Unreasonable.To put my direct debit up by £24 a Month.Because I Do.

Please bear in mind this is public community forum so none of us customers can give you a definitive answer since we have no idea what your existing payments are to know if an increase of £24 is realistic.

This is the way ideally the system works: https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/comment/22738/#Comment_22738

Purely as another customer.

I appreciate you are only 62 pence in debit, but on 11 November 2018 Bulb increased their prices for existing customers plus during the winter months you are probably going to use more energy each month compared to each month since you switched to Bulb. Both these factors means you will be further in a debit situation unless you increase your DD payments.

You have a certain amount of latitude is setting your DD payment but to be fair to Bulb I would suggest you need to increase your DD payment to at least have sufficient credit to pay for your energy one month in advance.

Perhaps a half way situation is to increase your DD to at least the “Average monthly usage” shown in your “Payments & statements” on your account dashboard.