Does anybody actually have a fully functioning smart meter and IHD?

Once Bulb stopped doubling my actual electrical energy usage I started to get genuine daily electricity price graphs as of Sat 3rd August. They back-dated the revised calculations sometime between the 6th and 10th. Gas is still showing with prices quantised by cubic metre, which being ~27 times greater than cubic foot isn’t all that helpful. Suspiciously my meter reads table lists nothing beyond the last estimated pair, so I’ll still be giving a manual meter reading. My IHD also displays energy prices without standing charge, but that makes sense by design as it’s the part customers can’t vary by adapting their behaviour. So nearly all working after my install date of 18th March 2019, first online readings 18th July.

I agree that the cubic meter needs more decimal points!
That’s a lot of gas!

My IHD6 has the standing charge available. Menu -> Account -> third screen

Mine does too but it doesn’t add it on at the end of the day.

@Dan42 yes, there are definitely different types of IHD. The original one we were provided with when the meters were installed didn’t work no matter what so we were given one which Bulb are apparently trialling. It only shows electricity use and not gas which is purely academic as the meter is too far away from the electricity meter to communicate and apparently no fix. Strange that other companies are offering customers in the same position, a relay switch. It’s a minor irritation remembering to send the manual readings though, not to mention needing to be a contortionist to read the meter :#

i have just had the smart meter installed and I have the IHD6 but it does not show my 2 rates for economy 7. Bulb told me it will change over automatically but I cannot check so am now going to set my alarm to see if this is true.
I cannot see both rates on the main meter either. I am getting concerned already.

i have just had the smart meter installed and I have the IHD6 but it does not show my 2 rates for economy 7. Bulb told me it will change over automatically but I cannot check so am now going to set my alarm to see if this is true. I cannot see both rates on the main meter either. I am getting concerned already.

Unless things have changed without official announcement, Bulb do not yet support E7 on any smart meter.

Referred my case to the Energy Ombudsman tonight. Smart meters and IHD ‘installed’ in early April. Never been able to connect to the network and had estimated bills since then. Shocking customer service!

i have just had the smart meter installed and I have the IHD6 but it does not show my 2 rates for economy 7. Bulb told me it will change over automatically but I cannot check so am now going to set my alarm to see if this is true. I cannot see both rates on the main meter either. I am getting concerned already.

Unless things have changed without official announcement, Bulb do not yet support E7 on any smart meter.

Just a quick update the meter does change over but the time it does this has now changed so I need to speak to Bulb.

Just a quick update the meter does change over but the time it does this has now changed so I need to speak to Bulb.

Ah, good to know! Please do come back and report any success you have with E7 on your SMETS2 meter, it will be very useful for lots of people. Let’s face it, Bulb aren’t going to come on here and update anyone.

Hi all

Like many of you on here I have had Gas and Electricity SMET2 Smart meters installed many many many months ago,

Gas meter readings are being sent to Bulb but no electricity readings are being sent

After 8/9 phone calls to Bulb Customer Services I still do not have electricity readings being sent in

The IHD is showing gas but no electricity readings

Each time I speak to customer services they say it will be fixed today/ as soon as possible, but after months of phone calls I get the same response from them each time saying it will be sorted ASAP - I still DO NOT have electricity meter readings being sent or IHD electricity display

I was told to send manual reading in

Why on earth then have I had a SMART meter installed if I have to submit manual readings

Customer services and the SMET2 meters are far from SMART in my humble opinion

Customer services on this issue has been appalling

I have recently had a friend switch to Bulb on my recommendation but I am very wary of recommending others now after this debacle

Regards

Paul

I had my smart meter installed in February. They didn’t have any IHDs on the van so I don’t have one and no timeline when I’ll get one. Both electricity and gas are not sending readings to bulb. I doubt they ever will work before the technology is obsolete

I had both my gas and electric smart meters installed at the beginning of April and have only been able to see Gas readings on the IHD.
All bills have been estimated since installation as I have not had reminders for meter readings and obviously bulb have been unable to access the meters remotely. I have continually been emailing customer services as can never get through on the phone and responses, although slow, have been received by no solution as yet! I was given suggestions to reboot the IHD which I have followed 3 times now but still cannot see Electricity readings only Gas. I have however had two £10 credits for the delay in responding to my issue, WOW! Sadly my IHD has now stopped working completely and is just continually rebooting and displaying “waiting for data”. I have today checked my recent statement and and the last readings for BOTH meters were actually remotely read (hooray!! ). I have checked the meters manually and they are correct, although this obviously defeats the object of have a smart meter/IHD! Disappointed with the service, particularly not actually being able to speak to a human and am seriously considering reporting to Ombudsman and maybe changing supplier.

My IHD has never worked since the install on 20th May.
It also keeps restarting
If you disconnect the power lead and completely drain the battery by switching on and off until there is no power left in the battery then connect the power lead it should stop it cycling.

Gas and electric smart meters installed 1st Aug. Meters and IHD working fine send data. First billing run failed due to some missing meter data which Bulb promptly fixed. Can’t see detailed daily usage on energy usage page as yet though. When the Energy Usage page loads it initially shows two selection buttons for electricity and gas but these are overwritten by the yearly summary bar chart. Anybody know whether this will appear when more readings are processed or does something need to done at my end or by Bulb?

Basically a big fat NO!. I have burnt hours and hours with Bulb trying to get my Smart Meter and IHD working. I basically given up. I can cope with an explanation that fundamentally the IHD’s don’t work. Lots of evidence on the community that they have serious problems. What I really struggle with is Bulb’s shocking customer service. Bulb you are absolutely terrible. Basically no one you contact at Bulb has a clue what is going on. Bulb will not admit that there system for Smart Meters and IHD’s is fundementally broken. Bulb your customer service sucks. What is unbelievable, is anyone can get on this community so Bulb must be losing potential business because everyone can see how terrible they really are.

Oh dear. Everything appeared to be working perfectly in August but this month the statement is back to being based on estimated readings. I think I’ll be defecting to Octopus at this rate.

Oh dear. Everything appeared to be working perfectly in August but this month the statement is back to being based on estimated readings. I think I'll be defecting to Octopus at this rate.

Same for me. Install in April. IHD never worked properly until a month ago. August bills were “Smart” - thought all was good. September billing shows readings were Estimated!!! Wish I’d never bothered with the things…

February install for me, and IHD has worked for about 4 days since. Bulb denied there was a known problem for ages, still not working properly 7 months later and I’m getting intermittent bills, I’ve had 2 bills in 7 months.

Smart meters installed April 2019. IHD didn’t work until August. No bill since April. I’m now over £900 in credit.

Info for 2 rate Economy 7 customers like me.

Id noticed that I can only see 1 rate on my IHD and the main smart meter, and was concerned that I was only given a single rate meter
here is a copy of my helpful reply from bulb.
Thanks for sending this over.

“The meters and IHD will only show the reading of the register being used at that time - we are working on an update to change this but it’s currently still being developed”

I did look at my meter at about 7 Am and it does indeed then show the Rate 2 (night rate), and during the Day Displays Rate 1.(day rate).
Therefore if i did need to take a manual reading for any reason I would need to take each reading at different times of the day as there is no other way of obtaining it.

I have eventually received a bill after multiple phone calls and can confirm its correct with both rates. The problem I think lies with the smets2 meters being pushed out too quickly before the software behind them has been developed fully and error free. I believe this is an issue with all suppliers as they all rely on data from the same source

My daily usage is no longer rounding off gas readings to the nearest cubic metre. Progress!