Does the Bulb Smart Meter support Economy 7?

I’ve just had the Bulb Smart Meter installed, and I’d like a cheap night rate for charging my EV. Could I switch to Economy 7 with this smart meter?

In theory yes, currently no.

Due to technical issues, with the SMETS2 meters from Bulb you are currently stuck with the standard tariff.

You could give the smart tariff a try, longer night hours, cheaper day rate, but an expensive evening peak period between 4pm and 7pm.

If you are charging a lot every night then it will likely be cheaper than the standard tariff.

https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/smart

You could give the smart tariff a try, longer night hours, cheaper day rate, but an expensive evening peak period between 4pm and 7pm.

If you are charging a lot every night then it will likely be cheaper than the standard tariff.

Bulb account

This looks like just the thing, thanks! Just have to make sure we don’t use the tumble dryer between 16:00-19:00 :wink:

Bulb account

This looks like just the thing, thanks! Just have to make sure we don’t use the tumble dryer between 16:00-19:00 :wink:

Bad news, just spotted this new thread, it seems for now the new SMETS2 meters you are stuck with the standard tariff until bulb sort things out with the new meters.