Double Charges

I’ve been charged on the 7th & 21st of this month… I don’t really care why, I’d like that second £91 putting back in my account, please. I’m off on a stag party today and you’ve take £180 in a calendar month- that was never part of the plan was it…

I’ve had nothing but trouble since switching. I wish I’d stayed with First Utility now.

Have you by chance recently changed your direct debit date?

@Northy83 this was caused by a change in the direct debit dates, meaning it’s been collected on the two specified dates.

I’m afraid the 2nd payment is too far along to process of being taken for us to cancel on our end - your bank should be able to still if you contact them.

If you’re unable to do this, let us know and we’ll refund one of the payments for you.

@Crinan at Bulb

It would be helpful if https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232352-Can-I-pick-the-date-when-my-monthly-payment-comes-out- could be updated to indicate the most appropriate time frame for changing a DD payment date to try and avoid two payments being taken within a short period?

It would be helpful if https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232352-Can-I-pick-the-date-when-my-monthly-payment-comes-out- could be updated to indicate the most appropriate time frame for changing a DD payment date to try and avoid two payments being taken within a short period?

… and a bug logged so that ultimately the backend is patched to know that payment for a given month has already been taken, even when the DD is changed to a future date within the current month.

Hi @Allanr and @Hooloovoo,

Thanks for the feedback - I’ll pass it onto our tech team. After changing the payment date in your online account, we state the date of the next payment to minimise any confusion, but we recognise that most member’s don’t want to make two payments in one month.

If a member wanted to change their payments from the 2nd of every month to the 27th however, it would make sense to request two payments that month. Essentially pulling the payment forward by 5 days, rather than pushing it back by 25.

We need to develop a system that can distinguish between this example, and @Northy83’s own example - it would be interesting to hear people’s opinion on this.

If a member wanted to change their payments from the 2nd of every month to the 27th however, it would make sense to request two payments that month. Essentially pulling the payment forward by 5 days, rather than pushing it back by 25.

We need to develop a system that can distinguish between this example, and @Northy83’s own example - it would be interesting to hear people’s opinion on this.

This is a solved problem. There is one payment per month. No double payments. Whilst I understand it’s better for Bulb’s cashflow to bring the payment forward by 5 days, rather than pushing it back by 25, that’s not the customer’s problem. The customer has already made their payment this month. They’ll make their payment next month. The exact date shouldn’t matter to the company. I can’t say I’ve ever seen any company operate a payment system that works like Bulb.