Double direct debit after 1 month ?

Can someone explain how you can get a monthly quote and after 2 payments it is doubled linda

Dont panick! If you check some of the threads you will find several discussions regarding this. You can change your dd to a more realistic level providing you stay in 1 months advance credit.

Can someone explain how you can get a monthly quote and after 2 payments it is doubled linda

Have you been submitting meter readings? If not your bill is estimated and could be wildly out.

Heya @Lindaaitlahcen

Thanks for dropping us a message. As we have only had an opening meter reading, we’ve had to use estimates. These aren’t always spot on.

For now, I’d suggest updating up with a meter reading and you can change your Direct Debit on your Bulb account. Just head to ‘payments and statements’ followed by ‘payment settings’.

As we have only had an opening meter reading, we've had to use estimates.

This seems to be cropping up a lot.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to change the current email wording from “send us a meter reading, no worries if you can’t” to something a bit stronger stressing how important this is? Clearly it’s impossible to manage an account without up to date information, it’s not obvious to me why so many people do not realise this.

Hey @Hooloovoo

In the first payment review email we send to members, we ask for a meter reading if we’ve not had a recent one. We can then recalculate the cost and if the payment review is no longer needed, we won’t send you another reminder for at least 3 months.

In the first payment review email we send to members, we ask for a meter reading if we've not had a recent one. We can then recalculate the cost and if the payment review is no longer needed, we won't send you another reminder for at least 3 months.

But that just results in all the posts along the lines of “omg Bulb have doubled my monthly payment” when they inevitably have a huge catch up bill, and they don’t understand the payment is high for a while as they have to catch up on the underpayments.

There needs to be something stronger in the monthly pre-bill email that indicates “you really need to do this, seriously dude it’s important”.

In the other thread where there hadn’t been a meter reading in 10 months, surely more direct action should have been taken to contact the customer regarding lack of meter readings way before it got to that stage?

Most of our members are pretty good at submitting meter readings.

Nudging our members into submitting monthly readings is the current approach we take. We don’t want to nudge too hard because circumstances are different for all.

I’ll pass on your line “you really need to do this, seriously dude it’s important” to our copy team!

Our emails do get more and more urgent as the months go on.

How would you incentivise or encourage members to submit their readings?

How would you incentivise or encourage members to submit their readings?

@“Eleanor at Bulb” Some Bulb members (@Mowcius, @Allanr, @Hooloovoo to name but a few) are always offering helpful suggestions on topics like this to help improve the way Bulb communicates information, but nothing ever changes. What happens to these suggestions?

I’d have also thought that the deficient Bulb/customer interface (customers using the Forum for account queries and Bulb’s blanket use of some confusing and inflammatory emails) should be a priority for the User Research Team rather than the topics they’re probably focusing on.

Current policy seems to be to recruit more and more staff to deal with the problems, whereas it would make better sense to stop the problems from occurring in the first place. How much less work and bad feeling would there have been if Bulb had handled the increase in DD emails differently?

Current policy seems to be to recruit more and more staff to deal with the problems, whereas it would make better sense to stop the problems from occurring in the first place. How much less work and bad feeling would there have been if Bulb had handled the increase in DD emails differently?
As someone who's job used to be primarily root cause problem analysis, I would agree with this. There are so many things that have not been fixed in the last year that cause issues on a daily basis (based on the forum posts).