Dramatic increase in daily electricity cost

Have electricity prices gone up in the last week? I monitor my daily amount using the app and it has gone up dramatically this week. The weather or other behaviour hasn’t changed that much. Trying to figure out what’s going on.

Hey @Nickymcd and welcome to the community :wave:

We haven’t had a price change since October last year. We always give our members at least 30 days notice of any price increase and don’t have further price rises planned.

– Robyn :bulb:

Hmmm that’s what I thought. So I wonder what is using the extra electricity. Are the app daily usage charts are fairly accurate?

Nicky

Hey @Nickymcd

The usage charts are not designed to be live and are still in BETA whilst we build up enough data to make them more accurate.

If you want precise daily usage I would suggest checking your meter for a reading at the same time each morning. This is more manual but will give you exact units used over a 24 hour period.

– Robyn :bulb:

Ok. So comparing days using the usage data isn’t with it yet?

Thank you

Hi @Nickymcd :wave:

As Robyn mentioned above, the usage graphs aren’t live so won’t always give you accurate data if you’re using them to try and calculate your statement. So it’s best to get readings from the meter for now.

– Meg :bulb: