Dual Fuel Discount

Hi Bulb,

The Dual Fuel discount on my tariff is £30/year. On my statements this is shown split between the electric and the gas.

What I find interesting is that the electric discount is £14.29/year and in the gas it is £14.29/year. Adding those two together does not quite come to £30. In fact it’s short by £1.42

Now it may not seem like a lot to bulb with their ever increasing prices and disingenuous method of notifying new customers of said increases but to those of us who are sick of hearing ‘wholesale price increases’ £1.42 is a discount you promised and seemingly failed to deliver.

Please explain

Easy explanation, £15 is with VAT, £14.29 is without VAT.

£14.29 x 1.05 = £15.0045 (lets say £15)

Easy explanation, £15 is with VAT, £14.29 is without VAT.

£14.29 x 1.05 = £15.0045 (lets say £15)

Oh, come on @Allanr, don’t let facts get in the way of a good rant!

A little of topic: There is one thing I have never understood is why energy suppliers show prices or total bill excluding VAT on domestic energy supply, business energy supply i get if the business is subject to VAT rules.

A little of topic: There is one thing I have never understood is why energy suppliers show prices or total bill excluding VAT on domestic energy supply, business energy supply i get if the business is subject to VAT rules.

It’s even more daft that my IHD when used with Scottish Power showed me my “energy use in pounds and pence” excluding VAT. So I had to manually work out what the actual cost was, which somewhat defeated the purpose of the system. That’s about what I expect for Scottish Power. At least the values pushed by Bulb include VAT.

Who would like a wager on us never seeing TheCardinal ever again?