Early Hours 20p instant charge on Smart Meter?

Does anyone else get an instant charge of 20p around 12am to 1am in the morning, on their Smart meter?
I have queried this with Bulb and got 2 different answers. Both along the lines of something to do with the daily charge that I do not believe. What I do believe is this is a stealth charge to bump up bills when they think no-one is watching the meter. Also it started not long after I got £25 for recommending a friend so think this is a way of clawing it back. In any case, if they can “reward” members for getting new members they must be making pots of money from us. I’m off soon because I feel I am being ripped off without satisfactory explanations from Bulb.

Hello @stevenchrisdenyer,

Welcome to Bulb’s community! :raised_hands:

The 20p charge which is added to the IHD is your daily standing charge, which appears on the display for members typically in the early hours. I’m sorry you’ve not had this explained fully previously, you can read more about the standing charge here: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360030872731-Standing-charges

You can monitor your usage and your bills by checking your meter readings on your actual smart meter and checking the readings we get sent. As we get your meter readings automatically, we will only ever charge you on your actual usage and we never have hidden charges.

Let us know if you have any more questions or need further clarification!

Thanks,
Freya :bulb: