Ec 7 south west

I’m just moved in Devon anyone else on ec 7 my bills are sky high ! Meter says gmt 7
Night rate definitely on at 11.30 on meter off 7.30 am is that likely to vary anyone else confirm their times
I gave mainly storage heaters but two small convection heaters in bedrooms I do have solar which I don’t think is working for hot water I think water heater on all time got repairs coming to check I have no instructions

I’m just moved in Devon anyone else on ec 7 my bills are sky high ! Meter says gmt 7 Night rate definitely on at 11.30 on meter off 7.30 am is that likely to vary anyone else confirm their times

Rate switching times vary by area. If you’ve checked that by observing which meter is incrementing between which times, then you’ve answered the question. The only variation you’ll see is that the times are always GMT and so will change by 1 hour in the summer (i.e., become 0030 to 0830).

I gave mainly storage heaters but two small convection heaters in bedrooms I do have solar which I don’t think is working for hot water I think water heater on all time got repairs coming to check I have no instructions

Is this the first property you’ve lived in with electric heating? Storage heaters are easily the most expensive form of heating, and so I’m afraid you might be in for a shock if you weren’t prepared for this.

i have had ec 7 a couple of years ago and it wasn’t this expenisive. i have a feeling the timer’s are all out so housing repairs are coming out to look, it should not be so expensive as i do have solar as well - was hot last week ! and that should heat the water in priority to mains.
i am monitoring at moment as the clock on meter is about 20 mins slow.

also the storage heaters are definitely coming on at 10 pm to heat up but my off peak is after 11.30 on my watch - i suspect that means its about 11.10 on the meter as the clocks wrong - i have asked bulb and they want photos to monitor to two rates on the meter.

i know when i had ec 7 with a different supplier actually mine didn’t change with gmt which is why i asked abou the gmt setting - it says 00.00 / 7.00 and i didn’t know what that meant. my off peak is definitely starting earlier than 00.00 and definitely only moves over to day around 7.20 definitely by 7.30 am.

soo confusing.

this is a council bungalow and very rural and so no option to have gas i am afraid. its offset by a reasonable rent. however 157.00 is almost double the amount in paid in last ec 7 house so i know something is wrong.