Economy 10

I am switching to bulb and have the Vari-fair tariff with 2 rates.
I have an economy 10 meter, so I want to be sure that I will receive the lower rate during the 3 daily off peak times.
In a web chat it was confirmed that I would receive the 2 rates, however the help page says that I would be charged one rate.
This is from the help page:

Yes, you can switch to us with an E10 meter. We don’t offer a specific tariff for Economy 10 meters, so you will be charged the same rate at all times of day, as if you had a single rate meter

Can Bulb clarify the situation for Economy 10 meters.

Thanks.

Hi! Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, the help centre is correct in this case. I have had a chat with the member of staff you spoke to on chat to make sure they are clear on this going forward- apologies you were given incorrect information. To confirm, if you switched to us we could only offer the single rate tariff.

Hi! Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, the help centre is correct in this case. I have had a chat with the member of staff you spoke to on chat to make sure they are clear on this going forward- apologies you were given incorrect information. To confirm, if you switched to us we could only offer the single rate tariff.

Hi Henry, I don’t understand this response. Looking at my account, I have a night rate and a day rate but this seems to suggest you only offer single rate tariffs?

Hi! We only offer the single-rate tariff for Economy 10 meters right now. If you don’t have an Economy 10 meter, 2-rate tariffs are available.

Hi. My Mum’s property in London has two meters and two electricity MPANs, and seems to be set up in the same way as the Scottish concept of Storage Heating Control. One meter supplies the storage heater via a tamper-proof timer switch (with boost). And the other meter does everything else, 24 hours a day. I understand that if I sign her up to Bulb then it’ll be on the single-rate tariff. But which of the two MPAN numbers should I provide in order to ensure that both MPANs actually get connected and assigned to the account? Thanks

Hey @GrahamS

When you sign up we won’t ask for a meter, just an address. If you send us an email after you have gone ahead with this we’ll be able to ensure that both MPAN’s are listed correctly.

Thanks Rory… although that’s the strange thing… your postcode matcher actually offers two entries with the same house number - one with one of our two MPAN numbers tacked on to the end, and the other with the other - I was quite surprised! But I guess you’re saying I can pick either as long as I send the email too?

Thanks Rory… although that’s the strange thing… your postcode matcher actually offers two entries with the same house number - one with one of our two MPAN numbers tacked on to the end, and the other with the other - I was quite surprised! But I guess you’re saying I can pick either as long as I send the email too?