Economy 7 meter install

Hi. I’m considering changing over to economy 7. Would you install a meter for this please?

@aitch, Bulb charge £96 for a meter switch so unless you really think you’ll be able to save £96 before Smart Meters are rolled out in the middle of this year (which can do E7), you’d be best off waiting.
Perhaps consider requesting to be on the trial for smart meters to ensure you get one as soon as possible.

@aitch, Bulb charge £96 for a meter switch so unless you really think you'll be able to save £96 before Smart Meters are rolled out in the middle of this year (which can do E7), you'd be best off waiting. Perhaps consider requesting to be on the trial for smart meters to ensure you get one as soon as possible.

Can I get a smart meter? As someone who has just moved into my own house, keeping track of usage is something quite new to me, and having an easily accessible smart meter would be so good…

@aitch we can do this for the cost that @mowcius suggests, but would recommend the wait for a smart meter. You need to use about one third of your electricity at night to make it worthwhile, so might be worth keeping track of this over the next month or so to find out if it is worth it. I’ll add you and @darren8792 to the smart meter register. Owen

@aitch I wasn’t able to find your email address… could you email us at help@bulb.co.uk with your name and address so that we can add you to the list (for privacy of information). Owen

Can I get a smart meter? As someone who has just moved into my own house, keeping track of usage is something quite new to me, and having an easily accessible smart meter would be so good...
Congrats on the house move!

I’d recommend just setting a repeating reminder to send in your meter readings every month or so, ideally a few days before your bill date. After a month or two you’ll have a good idea of what your winter monthly usage will be and your summer usage then should be less.

Hi I moved to a new address 7 months ago that has economy 7. It previously had solar panels which the owner took away and storage heaters which we replaced with central heating. It is unlikely therefore that I still need economy 7. Can you add me to your smart meter list please.

Hi there @Davh no problem you can sign up to our smart meter waiting list here. I should mention though that we can put you onto a one rate for economy 7 agreement without exchanging your meter if you like. Essentially, you’ll still have to give us two readings but we’ll charge you on the same tariff for both of them. If you’d like us to do that for you, just let us know

Hi
I am in the process of buying an electric car. Tjhe dealer has said switching to econmy 7 meter is the cheapest for overnight charging. Can i switch now or do i need to wait until your new meters come out.
Thanks