Economy 7

Hello. Was just wondering how I find out the exact Economy 7 hours for my meter?

@Sophie82

Bulb may be able to provide you with an answer but it is outwith their control, you need to contact your DNO who will be able to advise.

The following link provides the relevant telephone no’s https://uswitch.com/gas-electricity/guides/who-supplies-my-electricity-and-gas/#step2

Regards

Richard

@Sophie82, you can figure this one out yourself with a little info from your meter. See this guide from the community.

@Sophie82 I love @linesrg’s and @mowcius’s answers. In theory, your meter’s night rate is 00:30 to 07:30. I would also add that the clock on your meter can be a little different from your region’s specific timings, so it can be good to check your meter around 7am, boil a kettle for the morning tea, check again the meter, and confirm that it’s the night rate that moved. (And again at 7:30am, etc.)

@Sophie82 as Andrew suggests the timing device within your meter will probably not be aligned to the real world, in my case the meter clock is out by 35 minutes and it is the meter clock you should be guided by. In my case SSE’s Economy 7 times are 2330 - 0630 but I use 0005 to 0705 (which I shift by an hour for BST).

Regards

Richard

Good take

@Sophie82 as Andrew suggests the timing device within your meter will probably not be aligned to the real world, in my case the meter clock is out by 35 minutes and it is the meter clock you should be guided by. In my case SSE's Economy 7 times are 2330 - 0630 but I use 0005 to 0705 (which I shift by an hour for BST).

Regards

Richard