Economy 7

Hi - Ive just joined Bulb from Eon but have an Economy 7 meter that gave me night time rates 3 times daily i.e. 1am-6am, 2pm-5pm and 9pm -11pm in the Summer, back one hour in the Winter. Does this still apply to me - I know I have an unusual meter.

Hi - Ive just joined Bulb from Eon but have an Economy 7 meter that gave me night time rates 3 times daily i.e. 1am-6am, 2pm-5pm and 9pm -11pm in the Summer, back one hour in the Winter. Does this still apply to me - I know I have an unusual meter.

It sounds as if you are on Economy 10 rather than Economy 7?

This is from the the EON site regarding Economy 10 - However, you should be aware that Economy 10 tariffs typically only offer five hours of heat at night (complimented with three in the afternoon and two in the evening).

I do think it was related to storage heaters prior to when we moved in 35plus years ago and the meter was changed a couple of years ago but confused the engineer totally so I will watch and see if it changes over at 9pm - thanks

@ccat Your off peak hours are: All days 0000-0500, 1300-1600, 2000-2200 however we are not able to supply this for a lower night rate so when you are with Bulb with this meter setup you will charged at a standard rate.

Hi Dan - please clarify that rate for me and that I am no longer on night and day rates as that was not what I requested when I signed up. Do I have to have a meter change? Perhaps I have slipped up with the electricity change from EON!!

Hi @ccat

I understand the Economy 7 rate was requested on sign up, but the meter isn’t an Economy 7 meter so we can’t offer that tariff.

The unit rate is 12.6 p/kWh for all your electricity.

The meter can be exchange for £120 but I would advise that we’re installing free smart meters which can be Economy 7 from the start of 2019, so you may want to wait for that instead.

Thanks Rob - when it comes to my next meter reading do I just send you both night and day readings and you work it out accordingly?

Hi @ccat - That’s correct, we’d make the calculations based off both the readings and sort it out for you.