Electric bill doubled despite having moved out!

For the past 3 months my electric bills have doubled £90 to £190). We do not use electricity to heat our home so our useage does not tend to go up innwinter months. We moved into a new house at the beginning of December and kept the old house on for a month to clean it and move out our last bits. We had no appliances there at all and all plugs were switched off. We did a bit of hoovering and had the odd light on for a couple of hours. Guess what our bill came to for December? £190! We are on a smart meter but it fails to display a night rate. I rang bulb and they fobbed me off. Anyone else have this problem. I am unsure what to do? Maybe make a complaint or contact an ombudsman?

Hi @bradleyandflynn and welcome to the community :man_dancing:

I’ve taken a look into your account and can see that we didn’t receive a smart meter reading in December so this statement is based on an estimate and is most likely inaccurate if you haven’t been living there.

If you follow these instructions, you should be able to get up both rates and we can amend the reading for December: How to Read your Smart Meter

Please let me know if you have any questions.

– Robyn :bulb: