electrical earthing system

an electrician has suggested us to redo the electrical earthing system near our electrical meter and he said it has to be done by the energy provider.
Can you help me? Or any suggestions?
Thank you very much
Kind regards

Did he mention PME or TN-C-S? This is a system where the earth wire connects to the supply head - which is the responsibility of the Network Operator. The Energy Provider is responsible for the meter which, in my very recent installation, is not earthed.

UK Power networks might be the best place to contact: Earthing | UK Power Networks

You need to speak to your DNO, by the sounds of it you have an older TNS style earthing system compared to the newer TN-C-S (PME), he should’ve done a Ze test at the supply to check the earthing, did he give you reading?