Electricity Cut Off!!!!

I am in credit of £49 and just paid my bill but my electricity has been cut off and my meter is saying I owe £10 emergency credit. I haven’t used the emergency credit and I pay my bill monthly. The helpline only works till 6pm, does this mean I need to wait till the morning for my electricity to come back on? I have a fridge full of food that’s going to go off. How can I sort this quickly?

I am in credit of £49 and just paid my bill but my electricity has been cut off and my meter is saying I owe £10 emergency credit. I haven’t used the emergency credit and I pay my bill monthly. The helpline only works till 6pm, does this mean I need to wait till the morning for my electricity to come back on? I have a fridge full of food that’s going to go off. How can I sort this quickly?

I’m just another customer so can’t really help with your problem.

From what you are saying your have a credit meter which means you pay Bulb by DD for your energy use. If so I can’t quite understand why your meter shows anything about emergency credit as this to me suggests you have a prepayment meter.

Normally if you have a credit meter and most certainly if you have £49 credit you wont have been cut off by Bulb.

Have you checked with your neighbours to see if they have been cut off?

Also in an emergency if your supply has been cut off you can follow the advice in this link: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001228811-What-if-I-have-a-power-cut-

Please post back in case any other customer can provide further information to get you up and running.

@Dunnc693

What was the outcome to your situation?