Electricity key meter error:d6

hello im getting error:d6 on my electric meter when trying to top up. google says the keys not registered to the meter but its the key ive been using for over a year so i cant see how thats the problem tbh. ive got money on the key (£15 i think) but cant top up so could i get a new key or something to try because im going to need to top up soon and cant the way it is? its a non-smart meter btw. thank you.

help[dot]bulb[dot]co[dot]uk/hc/en-us/articles/360006306551-Top-up-meter-error-codes-and-messages

tl;dr; you should contact bulb.

Hopefully someone from Bulb sees this post. If not you might need to call them and see how long the phone queues are

yes mate tried the link you gave, thanks btw. help center just a load of links that doesnt offer me help for thisproblem, calling them option ends at 5pm and ive sent an email but dont know how long it will take for them to reply. ive seen people who i assume work for bulb answering in these community posts so i thought this might some results.

is there any advisors online i can speak to please? phone not being answered, emails not being answer and chat bot is useless.

Hi @karl_williams12345,

Thanks for your post and welcome to community :wave:

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your electricity key and meter.

Error D6 means the wrong key has been used (e.g. a previous supplier’s key)

• This happens when a key other than the one registered in the meter is used
  • Most often this is because the member has another key - usually their previous supplier’s - in their house too and they’ve used this instead of their Bulb key
  • Please try using your Bulb key instead and throw away or put their old supplier’s key somewhere that you’re not going to accidentally use it

Are you definitely using a Bulb key?
If you have topped up the wrong key already we can get this put onto the correct key for you.

I’m not able to make calls on this team but you can give us a call on 0300 303 0635 and one of my colleagues would be able to assist more urgently.

If not, i’m happy to drop you an email and get this sorted for you

– Daisy :bulb:

thanks for the reply. its 100% the correct key, ive been using it for a year or so. its been doing it off and on for a month or so but now completley refuses to accept credit. ive tried today twice to get through on that number and been waiting over 30 mins each time and as im phoneing off a mobile im worried about the cost of trying again. ive sent 3 emails and had no reply either. im getting close now to having to top up.

Hey @karl_williams12345 :wave:

I can see that one of my colleagues has now responded to your email with a TAG code to fix the error.

Please do let us know if you require additional assistance with this.

– Robyn :bulb:

yeah thanks for the help but how do i transfer the £10 from the broken key to the new key?

@karl_williams12345 if you could send a photo of the receipt in response to my colleagues email, they will be able to issue another TAG code once the key is working again to reimburse for that lost top up :slightly_smiling_face:

– Robyn :bulb:

Ok thank you I’ll do that now

1 Like

hello sorry to nag but my email with the picture of the receipt hasnt been answered and im gonna have to dip into the emergency tonight. is there any chance if oyur available you could message them to have a look for me please. thank you.

Hi @karl_williams12345 :wave:

Sorry we couldn’t get back to you sooner on this. I can see my colleague has now sent you an email with the tag code you’ll need to collect the credit.

If you have any issues with this let me know, but if it’s urgent it’s probably best to call us on 0300 30 30 635 as we don’t want you to be without power.

– Meg :bulb:

thanks for your help megan. most appreciated.

1 Like