Electricity readings not applied to account

Hello Team Bulb,

I’m a dual fuel customer, and had a smart meter fitted last October. This works fine for the gas, with automated readings being taken twice a month. But no automated electricity readings have ever been applied to our account.

I don’t believe this is a connection issue: the IHD works fine, and the daily usage plot on the dashboard is always up to date and accurate for both gas and electricity. So data is clearly getting through, but not being used for billing.

Similarly, any electricity reading I submit manually via the website seems to fall into the same black hole. I get the auto “thanks for your reading” email each time, but the readings are never applied to my account. Manual gas readings all appear within a few minutes of submission.

I’ve submitted manual readings on 9 separate days during June, including the 8th, 9th and 10th in the run up to my billing date of the 11th, but no joy.

I’ve already had a direct email conversation with one of your customer support guys about this, but not moving me towards a solution, so opening this up to the forum in the hope someone else can pick up. A comms hub reset was requested on 2nd June, but as I say, this doesn’t appear to be a connectivity issue.

The bottom line is that I can only currently submit electricity readings via phone or email. Please can you help?

Hi @AndrewChadwick :wave: Welcome to Community :partying_face:

I have taken a look through your account and at the moment it is unclear as to why your readings are not loading onto the account when you submit them online.

I have sent you an email so I can look into this further. Please get back to me there.

Thanks,
–KT :bulb: