Email Prompt: We really do need a meter reading

Hello,

I submitted my first meter readings a few nights ago with supporting images, but was prompted again tonight to resubmit them.

Has anyone else experienced this?

No real experience but stick it all in again, could be some delay on the posting site, also call them up and phone in to the people there, so you can get assurance they have them

It could be (but best check) I on several occasions I have submitted readings and got a confirmation email then a day later got an email prompt to submit readings which I just ignore now. I think it has to do with your DD, a couple of days before it is due the system automatically sends you an email for readings regardless if you have already submitted them.

Hello,

I submitted my first meter readings a few nights ago with supporting images, but was prompted again tonight to resubmit them.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this your first just before the switch to Bulb or your first reading after your switch?

@Danni_Perkins1 Thanks for the heads up! Your electricity readings are now processed as well :).

The reason why sometimes our members get another email reminder after they have submitted their first meter readings (and even received a confirmation regarding this), is that sometimes the readings are not exactly what are system expects to receive (based on previous readings the previous supplier send over, historic usage, etc.). In an ideal world we would be able to check these within a few minutes after we have received them, but when times get pretty busy such as now it takes us a bit to double check them.

In the meantime, we will send another email reminder to inform you that our system does not hold “accepted” meter readings for both fuels (i.e. electricity and gas) to, in a way, flag up that something is not correct yet. Sometimes readings are submitted the wrong way around, contain decimal points, etc., which confuse our system that checks these readings :).

In this case it was a quick fix as you send 2 perfect pictures of the meters, amazing! :smiley:

Thanks everyone for replying @Allanr @scudo @Chris3 @Erwin at Bulb

I was concerned that the information I supplied hadn’t been submitted successfully, so was a little worried!

I went ahead and resupplied the information and over the weekend I became an official Bulberino!

I will remember this advice for the future :slight_smile: