Energy Usage on dashboard

I get either separate daily graphs for gas and electricity which I can toggle between, or I get a monthly bar graph with both fuels shown on the same graph. Which one I get seems to be entirely random but whichever it is I am stuck with it as there seems to be no way of switching between the monthly and weekly displays. Is this normal?

I have the same.

I’d also add that the figures in my daily graphs bare no relation to the figures I get from my ihd ( which I have roughly checked against the increases in the meter).

My daily graph for electricity cost is starting to look as if it might possibly be accurate. At least the amounts are slightly different for each day as they would be if based on actual usage. The daily gas graph on the other hand doesn’t look right at all. Over several days it shows either 59p or 20p and never anything else. Twenty pence doesn’t even cover the daily standing charge so can’t be correct.

I theorise the gas can only read the gas smart meter in integer values, so you see days where one unit has been consumed and days where no units have been consumed (standing charge only). 20p is the standing charge more or less isn’t it?

My working theory is that the graph implementation isn’t very smart and is capturing the increase in the export register in the meter (due to generation) as consumption (we have solar PV). Sadly I’m not sure how to access the export register in the meter to validate that.

The dashboard shows usage in £. Is there a way of showing usage in KwH?

I theorise the gas can only read the gas smart meter in integer values, so you see days where one unit has been consumed and days where no units have been consumed (standing charge only). 20p is the standing charge more or less isn't it?

Thanks! That’s a very convincing explanation. I’m sure you’re right.

Ah, perhaps not quite so sure having looked at the numbers. Yes, 20p would be accounted for as the rounded down standing charge and no meter reading getting through to Bulb. But I can’t find a satisfactory reconciliation for the remaining 39p on the days where the overall cost is shown as 59p. The best I can do is this: my gas costs 3.35p per kWh. So 11 kWh would cost 37p and 12 kWh would cost 40p. But 11.5 kWh would cost 38.5p which rounds to 39p.

This could just be a bit of coded test data by a web developer that made it online, as I have a similar alternation between 20p and 59p for gas depending on odd/even day since daily reads started to appear. My electricity reads are shown in cost by either using double rate or double actual energy use for some reason. The intermittent glitch with electricity daily chart bars loading appears to have been fixed since the system release on Friday 26th July. At least this revealed that my IHD doesn’t include standing charge in its daily figures.

Having done some calculations myself, it looks as though a potential gas unit is around 11 kWh or 0.35 ft3, which is notably close enough to 1 cubic metre to be the integer flooring going on at the smart gas meter itself.