Engineer didn't leave an In-Home Display. Will it be posted to me?

On Thursday, 2 engineers installed a smart meter at our house. I was at work, but my wife was home. My wife says neither engineer mentioned the In Home Display and they didn’t leave one.

I sent an email on Thursday evening notifying Bulb, but so far have only had automated responses, a survey request about how the installation went (including questions on the use of the IHD) and a banner on my account with links to check that my IHD is working.

Bulb don’t have a phone number to call on Saturdays, so I don’t think there’s anything I can do until Monday, 4 days after the installation, but am really disappointed that as “one of the first Bulb customers to get a smart meter” (as it says on the survey email) there isn’t better support and followup.

I’d have expected someone to check for emails for customers with smart meter installations to ensure everything went OK.

Will the IHD be posted or do we have to have another engineer visit to configure it?

I think the IHD needs an engineer to pair it with to the electricity meter, not sure if Bulb can pair it over the air,but in either case I wouldn’t expect a fast result’

Same boat. Installed late April. Still waiting. Bulb did say that they will send them out when they are working, but no idea when that will be.

I called last Monday (17th) and was told they’d would send one, but nothing yet. Perhaps, I’ll call again.

Also, Bulb haven’t bothered to reply to my emails, so I’m not impressed with the service so far.

Hi @StarNamer.

Sometimes the engineers don’t leave the IHD when they should.

If you have had a smart installation, but you weren’t left an IHD just let us know. It will take some time but we can get one posted out to you.

@RobE if you’ve already raised it with us, it should be with you in the next few weeks

Hi @StarNamer.

Sometimes the engineers don’t leave the IHD when they should.

What would be the reason for this?

Don’t worry about IHD’s. They don’t work!

=) Don’t worry about IHD’s. They don’t work!

Why should I worry, I don’t have smart meters? =) =)

Why should I worry, I don't have smart meters? =) =)

He wasn’t talking to your smug face :stuck_out_tongue:

He wasn’t talking to your smug face :stuck_out_tongue:

Lets keep it polite. :o

Lets keep it polite. :o

:#

More words of wisdom from Alanr, probably does an hour of research before he buys a tin of baked beans from the shop

More words of wisdom from Alanr, probably does an hour of research before he buys a tin of baked beans from the shop

But I sure would have taken notice of the threads on this forum before opting for a smart meter? No good bleating after the horse has bolted.

Give it a rest you sad person

Give it a rest you sad person

I do try to be courteous on this forum, I try to tell it as I see it. If you don’t like my posts please ignore them.