Engineer refused to assemble Smart Meter

After a long wait, I was happy as I finally got invited to replace my standard meter with a smart meter and last week I an engineer attended my flat to assemble it!

However, there is a metal box underneath my current meter, and when the engineer saw that he would need to remove it to assemble the new smart meter, he refused to do so citing he didn’t have permission - though I personally gave him my permission to remove it and was prepared to sign whatever document he required.

The metal box is actually not required (he confirmed it so) and told me that if I got someone else to remove the box he would be happy to put the new smart meter.

That brings me to a problem as from what I can see, there is no way to remove the box without first disconnecting the current meter… either that or cut the metal box off, which will be quite challenging!

Here’s a picture of it:

I’ve asked him to put on his report that I would like to reschedule, but I’m not sure how can this be resolved…

In any case, I haven’t been contacted by Bulb so I wanted to see if someone can help me with this!

Thanks in advance!

1 Like