ErrorD4 on metre when inserting the new electric key for it to register

I currently swapped over to bulb about 2 weeks ago i recieved my new key a couple of days ago this morning however when i wemt to insert the key into my metre it come up with ERROR D4 i then took the key out and tried again and it said the same thing. I am a single parent of 3 children under the age of 6 years, my son suffers with special needs and we are currently sat with no electricity… PLEASE HELP…

I currently swapped over to bulb about 2 weeks ago i recieved my new key a couple of days ago this morning however when i wemt to insert the key into my metre it come up with ERROR D4 i then took the key out and tried again and it said the same thing. I am a single parent of 3 children under the age of 6 years, my son suffers with special needs and we are currently sat with no electricity.... PLEASE HELP....

Hi Shanele, as your post was a week ago i presume you got the help you needed? For future reference the community pages are not the best way to get more immediate help with issues. Always calls us on 0300 30 30 635 if you need help quickly.