Estimated Bill after leaving previous supplier

Hi, my estimated bill from my previous supplier has come through after 2 months with Bulb and it’s over £2,100. There are 3 of us in a terraced house at work / school in the day and it just can’t be right. My previous supplier have said to contact yourselves? Thanks, Kate

Hi, my estimated bill from my previous supplier has come through after 2 months with Bulb and it's over £2,100. There are 3 of us in a terraced house at work / school in the day and it just can't be right. My previous supplier have said to contact yourselves? Thanks, Kate

Kate, this is a public forum and it is best if you contact the Bulb team direct, click the Help button at the top of this page for their contact details.

When you moved to Bulb did you supply a meter readings to them just a couple of days before your switch and and are these the same readings shown on your first bill/statement from Bulb? When you were with you previous suppliers did you also supply regular meter readings to them. If you were not supplying meter readings to your previous supplier or more recently to Bulb then any bill you receive from your previous supplier will be estimated.

Normally when you switch your final bill from your previous supplier should be based on actual meter readings rather than estimated in your case.